Sunday 8 November 2009

GamerPost #02 The Demo Edition

Okay, this week I finally got Xbox live gold back on for my gamertag (Davedamon for those who want to know) and can you guess one of the first things I did? (No, it wasn’t insult some 12 year old American kids sexuality and/or mother). I went demo downloading! Three demos in fact. And here they are!

Ghostbusters: The Game
This just isn’t a game, it’s an interactive sequel to the film series! Yes, this is the blessed Ghostbusters 3, featuring all the voices including Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, and Ernie Hudson. It’s all their, the humour, the familiar ghost busting technology (and you can cross the stream, or not!). Graphically it’s engaging and realistic, but with a subtle undertone of stylizing. I do now want the full game, and as such it has gone on my Christmas wish list ^_^

Brütal Legend
Brütal Legend (umlauts compulsory) is basically Jack Black – The Game. And that’s not a bad thing. I couldn’t get a good bead on the gameplay from the demo, seeing as it’s supposedly an action RTS, but all I got from the demo is action.
The important part is the humour. Even the demo was packed to the brim with metal references, witty one liners and quotes a plenty (“DECAPITATION!!!! Now to teach of the thing we call ‘French kissing’). Again, this deservedly earns a place on my wish list, and I hope I get to metal it up with Eddy Riggs this festive period.

Left4Dead 2
Now anyone who has read my previous post on zombies will understand why I’m so excited about this game. Take the original Left4Dead (which is AMAZING) and add the following

  • New special infected such as the Spitter and Jockey
  • Melee weapons (chainsaw doesn’t do it for you? How about an axe, or a katana, or a FREAKING ELECTRIC GUITAR!)
  • Uncommon common infected, including fire proof hazmat and bullet proof SWAT zombies and clown zombies
  • A new plot and 4 new survivors

This game basically has everything that made the original great and then some. I can see me and Viv sinking many an hour into this baby and it’s the only demo to stay on my system until I get the full title.

So, that’s really all for now.

Wait, LOOK OUT!

BOOMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment