Tuesday 22 February 2011

MMXI Week 7–Part 2 The Completening

Well, here it is, my late blog entry for the seventh week of the year. There is a good reason for this; I’ve had an amazingly fun and busy past ten days. Thus I will summarise these past few days. These days of awesome began last Thursday (the same day I posted my previous entry). Due to the massive amount of stuff I did, this blog will actually link to several smaller entries, that I will try and post before this entry (so this entry actually shows up as the most recent and links back to the smaller entries.

Thursday
Thursday was the longest day of work I’ve done in what seems like forever. I was counting down the seconds until I would be free. Once 4pm rolled around, I ran off home (well, got a lift) and begun throwing together all my luggage to go down and see Viv in Guildford.
Upon arriving late that night, I had a plate of delicious pasta that Viv had cooked up and saved for me. Sadly, I didn’t take any photos as I was so eager to nom it all up. After nomming the pasta, I presented Viv with her first Valentines day gift;

IMAG0013

Bamboo the Panda!

Needless to say this went down very well! He was taken to bed by Viv that night (after copious amounts of squeals at his cuteness).

Friday
Friday began with Viv rising early for work, as she has to do everyday due to her commute. I got up around the same time, helped her get ready for work and saw her off. I am used to rising around this time (around 6am) due to having to start working myself on a usual day quite early.

I used the rest of the day to do some laundry, cleaning and even a little DIY around the apartment. This was party to keep myself occupied, but also so that it would be nice for Viv when she got home.

Saturday and Sunday
V
iv returned from work around half six that night and Valentines began proper for us. We had decided to have a Valentines weekend, as Valentines proper was Monday, when Viv would be working. You can read about what we got up to, including pictures, here.

Monday
Following an awesome weekend together, Viv had to go back to work, gotta earn the pennies somehow. I used this time to do a bit more laundry and cleaning around the flat. Then the intercom went. I was apprehensive as I don’t like answering doors/phones in houses that aren’t mine, but I picked up the receiver and answered; it was a delivery for Viv.

Upon bringing what was the largest amazon box I had ever seen upstairs, I texted Viv letting her know that something had come for her. She replied saying that I could open it! What could it possibly be?

IMAG0099

This!

IMAG0100

That’s last years nerf gun present at the bottom. Surprised smile

Not only had Viv given me some amazingly awesome fantastic presents over the weekend, she still had a trick up her sleeve! Needless to say many foam bullets flew that day! I will possibly review this item on this blog later on.

Tuesday and Wednesday

The following day, I had another couple of awesome days. Mondays highlight was playing my second game of Risk 2210 AD, this time verses Will.

FxCam_1297789333232

Will contemplates his next move

I won this game as well, but I put this down to knowing the rules better and having played more games of Risk before hand. It was still a very fun game and proved that 2210 deserves all the accolades put upon it.

Wednesday was another DIY day, this time coming up with a non-permanent way of hanging the notice board Viv and Anne had acquired. Using the string that held my nerf gun in it’s packaging, I created the following rather successful setup:

IMAG0103

Is there nothing this boy can’t do???

That evening, me and Viv decided to take advantage of Orange Wednesdays down at the Odeon and see the new Simon Pegg and Nick Frost film; Paul. All I can say is that it was money very well spent! We laughed so much and enjoyed the film thoroughly. The best way to describe Paul is thusly; what Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is to video game culture, Paul is to science fiction. There were some great jokes, brilliant references to science fiction classics and some fantastic sub-plots. All in all, an amazingly enjoyable film that I would certainly see again.

Thursday
Thursday morning I had to catch my train early in the morning back to Bicester. This was a very weird experience as I felt like I should be saying good bye to Viv for another or month or so, when I’d actually be seeing her the following evening, as she was coming down for the weekend.

I arrived in Bicester around 2pm, then promptly jumped on another train, head in a bag, and set off for Birmingham. Head you ask? More on that later.
Once I arrived in Bicester, I made my way to my friend Emma’s place, as we were having a cocktail night. This proved to be quite a potent night, as this video will testify.

Tequila is a dangerous thing!

I was rather fortunate as I was spared the hangover I felt I deserved, instead just blighted by a mild headache and a craving for sugar.

That evening I made my way into Birmingham city center in order to meet Viv off her train and travel off to Wolverhampton. We had an early start the next day, as we had plans involving the head in the bag!

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday morning, we got up early and walked over to Vivs cousins place. Wessie was taking us all to Telford for the MCM Midlands anime and comics expo. It was something I was truly excited about and even had a costume for. You can read all about it right here.

The following day we went out for a meal to celebrate Viv’s mums birthday. We decided to go to the relatively new all you can eat buffet restaurant; Cosmos. It was a pan-Asian restaurant offering a wide selection. And wide is an understatement. I ate until I was almost sick and and probably only sampled a 1/3 of everything on offer. I didn’t even try anything from the live food stations, where your selection was cooked to order.
The only complaints I had were the usual saltiness you get at all you can eats, and the nuts at the desert bar. You see, when you have what looks like peanuts on a desert bar, next to almonds and raisins, between jelly and ice cream, you expect them to be honey roasted or caramelised nuts. Finding out they’re salted can slightly spoil your desert that you happened to have sprinkled them over. But ignoring that, I was a mighty tasty meal that was excellent value.

So this marks the end of this somewhat delayed blog. On the topic of goals, I haven’t any major progression, except that my passport has now arrived, so I am 100% prepared for Hong Kong in a few weeks. It’s so bizarre that it’s so close it’s not even measurable in months any more. I haven’t made any progression in learning Cantonese, I may just rely on Google Translate, lol.
Hopefully my next entry will be much less tardy. Until then, TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment