Monday 4 January 2010

365 Da(v)y(d)s - Introduction

On the recommendation of my good friend Charles “Chipper” Grey, who shall remain nameless, I have been prompted to produce my own account of my ups and downs, highs and lows of the last year, the year that most will agree, was most probably, 2009. Now this seemed like a really good idea, so I thought ‘damn the torpedoes’ and here we go. But then I hit a problem….

You see, I have an appalling memory for all but the most important events. My brain prefers facts and figures rather than little, insignificant things like whether or not I’ve already told you this joke (I haven’t, even if you say I have, and if you already know the punch line then you must’ve heard it from someone else). I can still remember the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle from my first year physics degree five years ago, but I honestly couldn’t tell you what I had for dinner the day before yesterday. This is a problem. The solution? Facebook status history!

You see, there’s a useful little facebook app, called Status History, that pulls up all your status’ that facebook has archived for you, in a nice chronological list, either newest to oldest of visa versa. I pulled up this list, selected all the 2009 updates, sorted them into a new page per start of a month and looked back at my life. Combine this with my photos that my phone cleverly folders by month, and I have a digital history of my last year.

There will be thirteen posts in all. One for each month, starting with January, which I know is very conventional, but is quite the vogue, and finishing with December, which is quite shocking considering August was being hyped as the new December. Each post will feature various facts and figures, as well as a photo or two. Oh the fun to be had. The final, thirteenth post will be a best of sorts. With any luck this will turn out well and get me on track for one of my twenty new years resolutions, which is to blog more! Here we go ladies and gentlemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment