Tuesday 5 January 2010

365 Da(v)y(d)s - Febuary

Well I have to say, February was one of my most eventful months and probably one of the best. The month got off to a great start with some most awesome snow! Now in my infinite wisdom, I didn’t photograph any of it, but I assure you, it was worth of this status update:

“Davyd has snowsnowsnowsnowsnow (Mon, 02 Feb 2009 18:40:53 GMT)”

The following few days of Feb were a mixed bag. I dyed my hair a nice mix of red and blue/black which I have to say looked quite good (oh, those days before I shaved my head). But following that day, my computer decided to through another EPIC wobbly. Starting with problems with internet explorer, which I personally have never experienced before, things just went down hill :( But I had more important things on my mind than unstable computer tantrums. I was going to see my Viv! And see her I did, for we had most epic Valentines Day plans; we were going to London!

I arrived at Viv’s dorm on the 11th of Feb, Xbox in tow. We wanted to catch up on some Left4Dead and I wanted to show her Tom Clancy’s HAWX. HAWX went down well with Will and he was suitably distracted!

Before our trip out for valentines, me, Viv and Anne went into town where Anne found something like, hard, made of metal and covered in bumps that she found absolutely amazing!

Image1539

I think if they actually made a sex toy in the style of a Dalek, Anne would own it regardless! They could call it a DilDalek!

After this little diversion (I think Anne may have bought a book between fondling the poor things plunger) we headed off to some clothes shop, I think New Look. This is where Viv found the only hat I’ve ever seen her like!

Image1541

It looks so good on her, so cute! Following this amazing purchase, we all headed home

The next day me and Viv went to scavenge for food. We came across a place we had never been before; Wagamama! Here we ate noodles and drank peach tea! Amazing!

Image1542

Image1544

Image1545

After we were sated, we ventured back to the university, where the evening held more food, some work, and more Xbox (Left4Dead is a great distraction)

The next day was the big day! V-day! London here we come!

It was quite an experience for me seeing as I had never really been round London properly before, only ever on school trips etc! So we just went wild! We did museums, the Trocadero, Forbidden Planet, manga stores and CAMDEN FUCKING MARKET! That was where Viv bought me my favourite jacket EVAR!!! I had crab claws and we saw loads of cool gothic/alternative stalls. It was amazing

DSCF3276

OMG LONDONING

Image1551
Awesome London Escalator (I was easily impressed)

Image1554 In Tokyo Toys I made Viv wear silly hats!

DSCF3278 Big Spider at the Tate Modern!

DSCF3299
Picadilly CIrcus
(pretty crappy circus if you ask me, not even any clowns)

DSCF3304 Me sporting the new jacket Viv got me! Woo

A few days later, while cooking, this guy was born:

Image1556 Happy potato is happy!

Following Valentines day, me and Viv prepared to head back to Wolverhampton. There was a pleasant convergence of events as Viv had a reading week at the same time as her mums birthday, so we headed back to celebrate in the best possible way, with food!

We went to Around the World in 80 Dishes, a well priced restaurant that serves dishes from India, China, America, Italy and Mexico, all of which was all you can eat! Me and Viv had been before and knew that due to how salty the food could be (to make you buy more drinks) that we should steer clear of the lasagne! But that didn’t stop Viv from eating so much that she needed to ‘purge’. Even Viv can eat too much!

Image1571Three Lee’s and a Pang on the way to EAT!

Image1574Viv with sexy black hair enjoying her meal.

After the meal, we all headed (very slowly) home, where more food awaited, in the form of the best type of cake ever. CHINESE CREAM CAKE OMG OM NOM NOM NOM!

Image1580 They were all telling me to hurry up with the damn photo so they could eat the cake!

That was the end of a very fun day! The next day we were planning to go to Telford so Viv’s younger sister Vinki could go to a craft fair. I’m fairly ambivalent to craft stuff so I was up for it, something different.
When we arrived, me and Viv immediately thought something was weird when we saw a girl dressed as a fairy heading into the exhibition centre. Weird, but maybe she always goes to craft fairs in fancy dress. Then we saw someone dressed as Link, and then a Narutard! Me and Viv looked at each other, both thinking the same thing, and I said it “If there’s an anime convention going on, we are SO FUCKING GOING!”
And omg there was! It was the MCM midlands anime expo, which while not an amazingly huge event, was still a brilliant anime convention with a Tardis, the DeLorian from back to the future and loads of anime, manga and video game stalls. Viv even bought me an Evangelion NERV mug! Unfortunately I didn’t have my phone with me as the battery had died so we couldn’t get any photos, but it was still awesome and there were many good costumes, my favourite being Chell from Portal!

After spending many hours at the convention and meeting back up with Vinki and Lychi (my nickname for Viv’s mum) we decided to head into the town centre in order to do some shopping. This is where I made a purchase that my thumbs would hate me for! STREET FIGHTER IV!!! I had been thinking about getting it, as I’ve always preferred the street fighter series over other beat ‘em ups, perhaps with the exception of Super Smash Bros, and when I saw the limited edition cheap in HMV I had to get it.

The next day, we went out and had some dim sum at a really nice resturant in china town in Birmingham. For those of you that don’t know where china town is, let me draw you a map!

Map picture

It was nice to have a good meal out, because the next day I had to see Viv off home, which I wasn’t happy about, but I knew I’d see her soon!

To console myself, I decided to play some Street Fighter IV. It went from a short play to TWENTY TWO CONSECUTIVE HOURS OMG! It took me 18 hours alone to beat the end boss. By the end of it I literally had blisters on me fingers!

February was definitely MOST AWESOME, and here are a few statistics from said month.

Number of Status Updates: 28 (average of 1 per day!)

First Update: “Davyd has snowsnowsnowsnowsnow (Mon, 02 Feb 2009 18:40:53 GMT)”

Last Update: “Davyd dreams of making his own SF IV arcade stick, from sanwa parts and steel, and brawn! (Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:59:20 GMT)”

Favourite Update: “Davyd is disgusted at himself for playing Street Fighter IV for TWENTY TWO HOURS! (Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:01:45 GMT)”
I really can’t believe I let myself commit that much consecutive time to one game, to the point of actually injuring myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment