Friday 25 March 2011

MMXI Week 12 - RIP Bertha

Okay, here's the ideal plan. Today, you would've been experiencing my first video blog. But thermodynamics got the better of me. You see, if you chose to convert several 1080p video files consecutively, well, you can do some serious image to your 2.5 year old computer.
Let me sing the obituary of Bertha. Bertha was a great computer, built in November of 2008, she wasn't the apex of technology, but she was powerful none the less. She endured Portal, a degree of computer games design and several thousand rendered videos and images.
Now most computers either go out peacefully, like an old relative passing in their sleep, or a blaze of 'glory' like a spectacular car crash. Bertha, on the other hand, passed like an 80 year old who got up at 5am to go jogging, only to have a brain annurism and go face down in their organic porridge.
Its a mixed experience for me, as it leaves me without a.computer. But this is only for a week as I'm off to Hong Kong in a week. Ergo, xbox to the rescue. It's going to cost in the region on £300 to fix, depending if I decide to upgrade to a) windows 7 and b) get a bigger hdd.
I have to say I'm disturbing happy, but I think that's party due to my improved outlook on life. Things are more relative than you realise, and stressing is a waste of time. For example, rather than dropping one because of what of I cant do until my computer is fixed (my files are okay as far as I know, its my mobo that died), I looked at what I can do instead. I'm gonna read some more, do some drawing, add generally find solutions. It's an amazingly great mental attitude, that I owe in no small part to my girlfriends great outlook on life rubbing off on me.
(Quick clarification, this blog is via my phone)
But yes, that's pretty much it. No more blogs for 5 weeks ish, which doesn't void my one blog a week goal, as I intend to post retroactive blogs.

Peace and love.

Night vision photo for no reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment